There’s a lot to mention today…
Avery’s care team met today and made a few audibles in her therapy going forward, so here are the bullet points:
- they’ve decided to stop chemo
- she was given her 3 chemo meds during her LP this morning, plus her regular morning meds, and then this afternoon’s last dose of vincristine (they stopped steroids yesterday after weaning her off all week)
- they’ll do her bone marrow biopsy next Thursday (5/20)
- her T-Cells are coming in early, now expected on Friday (5/21)
- based on her BM results, they hope to start her 4-5 days of CAR-T chemo on Monday (5/24)
- CAR-T cell infusion on Friday (5/28) or Saturday (5/29)
- monitoring for a couple of days before going “home” the first week of June (home will be the Ronald McDonald House because she can’t be too far from the hospital)
We’re hopeful that the reason they’re stopping chemo is because she’s in remission.
Also continuing to stay hopeful that her bone marrow results come back good as well.
Continue to pray that CAR-T works for her!