For those that watch our Stories, yes, we’re actually considering moving Avery.
We’re currently waiting on another room in ICU.
Neither BMT or GI can find what is causing the issues in Avery’s gut.
She is continuing to lose blood and, because of of that, they’re proactively moving her back to ICU.
They want her to be in position for “Mass Transfusion Protocol,” if needed.
Basically, if she begins to bleed more, only ICU will have the ability to push her the volume of blood she’ll need.
GI plans to go in again tomorrow to see if they can find the source of the bleeding.
But, it seems BMT and GI aren’t communicating, because when we asked GI if Avery’s TMA medicine could be skewing their lab results, they had no idea what we were talking about.
And we found out yesterday’s GVHD results before BMT.
We need everyone on the same page so we can get Avery well.
So, yes, we’re considering moving her if we can find a hospital that will take her.
Please feel free to leave your recommendations below or answer the question in our Story.
Boston, Cincinnati, and CHOP are the top of our list currently.
ST JUDE ONLY TAKES (NON-TN RESIDENT) PATIENTS WHO QUALIFY FOR A CLINICAL STUDY. WE DON’T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN AVI’S GUT, SO SHE MOST LIKELY WOULDN’T QUALIFY
Also, if you have contacts, please feel free to share!