She’s trying so hard to be her happy self. Last night was one of the roughest yet. Even after morphine, Avery was still in a bit of pain.
Please pray for pain management for our sweet girl. We give you details so you can know exactly how to intercede on her behalf.
If the pain doesn’t improve, they’ll have to call the hospital, take her to the ER, and get morphine. Please pray for our precious baby and for our hearts. This is so hard. I hate childhood cancer.
This is when it gets tough with babies. They can’t communicate where the pain is. But… We Can Do Hard Things.
Quick update tonight: Avery’s numbers have just been barely squeaking by today, so we had a feeling she’d be staying another night.
Avery was tired today and seemed to be in a small degree of pain/discomfort. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster this round.
It’s been a long day at the hospital today, lots of waiting, but the chemo meds for round 3 officially started at 6:45pm.
We had family photos and Easter all planned, so this threw all plans out the window. If we’ve learned anything over the past year, it’s how to pivot.
Avery will go back next week for a Bone Marrow Biopsy and Lumbar Puncture. If she makes counts, she’ll be admitted to start Round 3.